CAPaBLE, our scientific capacity development programme, aims to enhance the capacity of scientists, policymakers and practitioners to assess global change issues, and explore options to resolve issues towards achieving sustainability. Through CAPaBLE, we support activities that enhance capacity at individual, organizational and systemic levels.
Examples of CAPaBLE activities cover the following:
- Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more the five thematic areas of APN:
- Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity
- Creating opportunities to use/instil capacity
- Developing new capacity through innovative approaches
- Awareness raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and/or the general public.
- Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas.
- Capacity development partnership activity that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development goals, and ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.