CAPaBLE, our scientific capacity development programme, aims to enhance the capacity of scientists, policymakers and practitioners to assess global change issues, and explore options to resolve issues towards achieving sustainability. Through CAPaBLE, we support activities that enhance capacity at individual, organizational and systemic levels.
- Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more of the five thematic areas of APN:
- Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity
- Creating opportunities to use/instil capacity
- Developing new capacity through innovative approaches
- Awareness-raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and/or the general public.
- Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas and priority topics.
- Capacity development partnership activities that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including including the UNFCCC Paris Agreement, IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the UN Decade of Ocean Science as well as ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
- Activities geared towards using science communication as a way to disseminate knowledge generated from projects, particularly to non-science audiences.