A pivotal factor for successful replications of nature-based solutions (NbS) is the effective dissemination of information regarding their traits, encompassing their effectiveness and impacts. To achieve this, gaining a profound understanding of stakeholders’ perspectives is imperative. The spectrum of stakeholders engaged with NbS is diverse, including communities, regulatory bodies, policymakers, businesses, scientists, engineers, social scientists, teachers/schools, among others. Each stakeholder group holds significant viewpoints that must be comprehensively addressed to ensure successful replications.
In capturing the perspectives of these diverse stakeholders, it is crucial to design questionnaires tailored to their specific interests and concerns meticulously. Additionally, conducting interviews using these questionnaires can be a valuable approach to gather in-depth insights and responses that will contribute to the overall success of NbS replications.
Our project conducted interviews on various aspects of NbS using the following questionnaires:
- Suitability mapping of constructed wetlands in the Philippines
- Socio-economic survey for wastewater treatment using constructed wetlands in the Philippines
- Socio-economic Assessment of the Impact of NbS: Kandy Lake in Sri Lanka
- Assessment of the impacts of water resources in Bung Xang Canal on residential life and the application of constructed floating wetlands in Can Tho City, Vietnam
- Assessment of environmental problems and solutions for water quality management in urban Ho Chi Minh City, as well as the application of green roofs to treat septic tank effluent in Vietnam
- Socioeconomic and community awareness of wastewater treatment using NbS in Vietnam