The APEC Climate Center (APCC), located in Busan, Korea, is looking for motivated scientists for the areas described below:
- Climate variability and predictability
- Monitoring and Analysis of climate variability and extreme events (e.g. drought and flood)
- Understanding and enhancing climate predictability (ensemble prediction, probabilistic forecasting, multi model ensemble forecasting, and statistical post-processing and calibration) for the subseasonal to decadal time scales
- Numerical modeling of coupled climate systems (atmosphere, ocean, land surface, sea-ice, and etc) and its initialization
- Assessment of climate change impacts and climate applications
- In-depth analysis of climate change scenarios in the Asia-Pacific region
- Application of climate information to climate-sensitive sectors (Agriculture, Water resources, Energy, Health, Economics, etc.) to minimize climate risk, to help APEC member economies’ plan for adverse and beneficial climate events, and to achieve development goals
- Developing climate information services for various users
Qualifications: Applicants should have a Ph. D in climate sciences, climate change, economics or a relevant fields.
Benefits: Partial coverage of health and other insurance (according to Korean law), support for relocation to and housing in Busan, severance pay, performance-based incentives, and more.
Submit the application form (available for download at http://www.apcc21.org/eng/notice/opp/japcc0503_lst.jsp) with a cover letter, a Curriculum Vitae and three letters of recommendation to Mr. Seungwon Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2 December 2012.
For more information, please contact Mr. Seungwon Chung (email@example.com).