Call for Abstracts
The Urbanization and Global Environmental Change (UGEC) Project is pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for our 2nd International Conference: Urban Transitions and Transformations: Science, Synthesis and Policy in Taipei, Taiwan, November 6-8, 2014.
We invite abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations. We particularly encourage contributions that exhibit an innovative set of conceptual and methodological approaches. Abstracts should be focused on synthesizing UGEC research, lessons learned, key ways forward, and should fall under one of the four conference themes:
1. Urbanization Patterns and Processes
2. Urban Responses to Climate Change: Adaptation, Mitigation and Transformation
3. Global Environmental Change, Urban Health and Well-Being
4. Equity and Environmental Justice in Urban Areas
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
· Abstract submissions should be written in English, not exceeding 300 words. The abstracts will be chosen based on clarity, appropriateness of the topic, methodology, originality and contribution to the overall synthesis-focus of our conference.
· Please indicate the title and reference number of the session(s) under which you are submitting your abstract. If no preference, leave blank. A list of sessions can be viewed at our conference website, or you can click here for a complete list of sessions with abstracts (PDF).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MARCH 30, 2014.
Visit our Conference Website to Submit an Abstract: