The APN-commissioned book Climate in Asia and the Pacific: Security, Society and Sustainability will be published in September 2013 as a latest volume of the Springer series Advances in Global Change Research. This book offers a detailed survey of the current status of climate change and climate variability in the Asia-Pacific region, a thorough and thoughtful assessment of climate and security and clear recommendations on the best paths of climate research in the future. The new publication:
- Offers a broad perspective on the impacts of climate change on society in Asia and the Pacific
- Explores a many-layered mix of science, economics, politics and sociological concerns
- Provides a useful resource for scientists, policy makers and practitioners
This book is edited by Prof. Michael Manton of Monash University and Dr. Linda Anne Stevenson, APN Secretariat.
For more information and to place an order, please visit http://www.springer.com/environment/global+change+-+climate+change/book/978-94-007-7337-0 or download the product flyer here.
Table of contents
Foreword by Helen Clarke
Foreword by Ghassem Asrar
Foreword by Scott Hauger
2. Climate Variability and Change
3. Climate and Urbanization
4. Climate and Security
5. Climate and Society
6. Climate and Sustainability
7. Future Directions for Climate Research in Asia and the Pacific