APN invites global change researchers, policy makers and development practitioners in the Asia-Pacific region to attend its side event at the Regional Forum on Climate Change (RFCC) to be held on 2 July 2015, 1:00 to 2:30 pm at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand.
Bearing the theme “Scientific Research and Capacity Development Initiatives to Address Adaptation, Mitigation and Climate Resilience in Southeast Asia,” the APN side event aims to share the outcomes of five APN projects and show examples of best practices that integrate effective transfer of information from the science community to the policy makers. Mainstreaming scientific findings to policy planning has become a key interest area towards achieving sustainable development, therefore, the side event will also draw emphasis on the importance of strengthening the interaction/linkages between science and policy.
Venue and Time: Room B-202, AIT Conference Center
Schedule: 1:00 to 2:30 pm, 2 July 2015
- Prof. Shobhakar Dhakal, Associate Professor, School of Environment Resources and Development, AIT, THAILAND; Project Leader of LCI2013-02CMY(R)-Dhakal
- Dr. Prabir Patra, Senior Scientist, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC), JAPAN; Project Leader of ARCP2013-01CMY-Patra
- Dr. Wijitbusaba Marome, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Thammasat University, THAILAND; Collaborator of ARCP2013-26NSY-Patankar
- Dr. Robert Visco, Associate Professor, Philippine Agroforestry Education and Research Network, University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), PHILIPPINES; Project Leader of CBA2013-10NSY-Visco
- Dr. Pedro Fidelman, Research Fellow, Sustainability Research Centre, University of the Sunshine Coast (USC), AUSTRALIA; Project Leader of ARCP2013-24NSY-Fidelman
Dr. Fredolin Tangang, Professor, School of Environmental and Natural Resources, University Kabangsaan Malaysia, MALAYSIA; Project Leader of ARCP2014-07CMY-Tangang
Join the APN side event at the RFCC. If you would like to be a participant, please contact Ms. Taniya Koswatta, Coordinator of APN Secretariat via email@example.com or visit APN Side Event for further information.
More information on RFCC 2015 and registration can be found on www.rfcc2015.ait.asia.