The APN’s Inter-Governmental Meeting (IGM), the decision-making body for all APN activities, decided on which proposals to approve on the advice received from APN’s Scientific Planning Group (SPG) and Capacity Development Committee (CDC). This year’s awards were approved on the 21st April 2016 at the 21st IGM in Zhengzhou, China.
The selection process had been a very difficult task given that the proposals received under the 2015 Call for Proposals under CRRP and CAPaBLE Programme were of considerable quality and the importance of all the themes outlined in the proposals. This year, the proposals were internally reviewed by members of the APN SPG and CDC, and externally reviewed by expert reviewers drawn from the international Global Change community.
The 21st IGM approved ten new proposals submitted under the 2015 Call for Proposals for CRRP and eight new proposals submitted under the 2015 Call for Proposals for CAPaBLE as listed below.
Call for Proposals under CRRP
- CRRP2015-FP01-Zhen: Assessing Land Use Functions for Sustainable Land Management in Asia Countries
- CRRP2015-FP02-Nunn: Risk and Resilience in the Pacific: Influence of Peripherality on Exposure and Responses to Global Change
- CRRP2015-FP03-Park: Anthropogenic Perturbations to Carbon Export and Greenhouse Gas Evasion from Asian River Systems
- CRRP2015-FP06-Kuyama: Water-Energy-Food Nexus Perspective: Path Making for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to Country Actions in Asia
- CRRP2015-FP08-Rowlings: Managing Organic Amendments to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Supplement Fertiliser Nitrogen Inputs in Tropical Indian and Sri Lankan Agricultural Soils
- CRRP2015-FP09-Kumar: Development of New Water Supply Strategies in Two Watersheds of India and Sri Lanka in the context of Climate Change, Rapid Urbanization and Population Growth: A Vulnerability Assessment Approach
- CRRP2015-FP11-Ishigaki: Appropriate Solid Waste Management Towards Flood Risk Reduction Through Recovery of Drainage Function of Tropical Asian Urban Cities
- CRRP2015-FP14-Santisirisomboon: SEACLID/CORDEX Southeast Asia Phase 2: High-resolution Analysis of Climate Extremes over Key Areas in Southeast Asia
- CRRP2015-SG01-Lokupitiya: Identification of The Best Agricultural Management Practices with Better Greenhouse Gas Benefits in Salinity Affected Areas of South Asia
- CRRP2015-SG02-Huang: Assessing the Health Effects of Extreme Temperatures and the Development of Adaptation Strategies to Climate Change in the Asia-Pacific Region
Call for Proposals under CAPaBLE Programme
- CBA2015-FP01-Qiao: CLIVAR Open Science Conference
- CBA2015-FP03-Shrestha: Adapting Groundwater of Asian Cities to Climate Change: Bridging the Science and Policy Interface
- CBA2015-FP06-Weerakkody: Capacity Development of Agrarian Research-Policy-Technology Personnel in Sri Lanka on ‘Global Change and Sustainability’
- CBA2015-FP10-Sutrisno: Rapid Mapping Technique for Disaster Observation and Environmental Change Data Acquisition
- CBA2015-FP11-Luong: Enhancing Perception and Capacity for National and Provincial Leaders and Practitioners on GHG Emission Inventory to Support the Implementation of NAMAs and Development of Low-Carbon Cities in Viet Nam
- CBA2015-FP14-Ngo: Ecosystem Based Adaptation Approach for Sustainable Management and Governance of Coastal Ecosystems (ENGAGE)
- CBA2015-FP15-Dutta: Mainstreaming Weather and Climate Information Application for Agro-Ecosystem Resilience in a Changing Climate
- CBA2015-FP17-Kang: Facilitating the Attendance, Interaction and Training of Young and Developing Nation Scientists from Asia Pacific at the International Conference on Regional Climate – CORDEX 2016 (ICRC-CORDEX 2016)