May 22 is International Day for Biodiversity. How do you celebrate this day?
The Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) invites photographers to help raise awareness on the interrelated links between biodiversity, ecosystem services and human well-being by joining the “L. B. Brown Memorial Photo Contest: Celebrating Biodiversity.”
Open to all nationals of APN member countries, the contest welcomes entries which are exclusive to the contest, unpublished, and not submitted to previous contests. In celebration of this month’s theme, entries should capture images related to biodiversity, its values and its relationship to climate change. These may include photos depicting the links between: (1) climate change and biodiversity; (2) food security and biodiversity; (3) culture and biodiversity; and (4) biodiversity, ecosystem functioning and human well-being.
If you are a photography enthusiast from the Asia-Pacific region and interested in having your work exhibited in international publications and platforms, show us the beauty of biodiversity through your entries!
Who can Submit?
Amateur photographers, media practitioners and professional photographers are all welcomed to submit entries. APN project leaders and collaborators are especially encouraged to submit entries that are related to their project activities.
How to Submit?
- Register an account at: http://friends.apn-gcr.org.
- Go to “Forums”, and locate the forum where the monthly contest is held.
- Submit your photos (up to two entries per participant) by posting a reply under the master thread.
- Submit your photo entries, following procedure above, on or before 31 May 2015.
- Photographs must be originally taken by the entrant within 12 months before the date of submission.
- Each photograph must be between 3mb and 6mb in size.
- Each photograph must be accompanied by a caption, which should include a description of the photo, the name of the photographer, and the date and place taken.
- Submitted entries will be assessed based on relevance to the theme, composition, creativity and technical matters (including captions).
- Highest number of Likes on the APN Facebook page. Eligible photo entries will be collated in a folder and posted in APN Facebook page. A period of time will be allotted for audience voting (“liking”).
- A medal and a certificate in recognition of the awardee of the “L.B. Brown Memorial Award”.
- Monthly winners will receive a small token from the APN.