Call for Experts
IPBES (Intergovernmental Platform for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services) is inviting governments and stakeholder organisations to nominate experts to participate in:
- the global assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem service;
- a workshop to further scope the thematic assessment of the sustainable use of biodiversity.
Call for Early-Career Participants
Under the Platform’s Fellowship Pilot Programme, governments and stakeholders are invited to nominate early-career experts to participate in the global assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem services. The IPBES Fellowship Pilot Programme targets early-career experts who wish to gain experience by participating in the work of IPBES. For more information: IPBES Fellowship Pilot Programme Additional information and nomination process.
Self-nomination is not accepted. The nomination process of experts will follow these steps:
- Nominees will be invited to fill out an application form and attach their curricula vitae through the dedicated web portal (http://www.ipbes.net/applicationform).
- The application form will be automatically sent to the nominating Government or Organisation (Nominator) indicated by the Nominee with an email, which will provide a link to a nomination form inviting the Nominators to approve and submit their nominations.
- Nominators and Nominees will receive an acknowledgement message once the nomination form confirming the nomination has been submitted.
For More Information
For details of the announcement, please refer to: Letter from IPBES Chair on nomination of experts for global assessment (Deliverable 2c) and sustainable use of biodiversity (Deliverable 3biii)