Organised by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), an international expert workshop on urban water security in Southeast Asia will be held from 19–20 November 2015 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The workshop, aiming to provide a platform to share research and best practices in managing risks of extreme events to urban water security, welcomes participation from scientists, research scholars, practitioners, and policy makers.
The focused themes of the workshop include:
- Characterizing urban water security and complexities;
- Urban water systems and services – risks and opportunities;
- Interlink of urban water to energy, food, health and ecosystem;
- Extreme events and urban vulnerability;
- Responding to urban water insecurity; and
- Role of communities in risk management.
A limited number of financial support, covering travel cost, accommodation and workshop registration, is available for outstanding papers.
Interested participants are requested to express their interest and submit abstract by completing the online form available at: http://goo.gl/forms/MLFnqB5BMr
- Submission of expression of interest and abstract: 7 July 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 15 July 2015
- Submission of full paper: 15 October 2015
For more information: Full Announcement