The objectives of the CLIVAR Open Science Conference are to
- Review progress toward improved understanding of the dynamics, the interaction, and the predictability of the coupled ocean-atmosphere system
- Shape ideas to meet emerging ocean and climate science challenges
- Engage with the future generation of climate scientists
- Identify key climate research and stakeholder issues
- Develop and strengthen collaborations across nations, disciplines and age groups and promote integrative studies
In addition to the main event, the Conference will have two other events which will target specific audiences: the CLIVAR Early Career Scientists Symposium, a three-day programme, designed by and for Early Career Scientists; and the Regional Stakeholder Forum, a one-day event bringing together CLIVAR scientists and practitioners who have an interest in climate science to exchange ideas, outline requirements and discuss future collaborations with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Abstract submission deadline 15 March 2016.
For more information: http://www.clivar2016.org/