Co-organised by University of Geneva and UNEP, the Executive Summer School (ESS) on Global Environmental Policy, which will be held from 28 August to 9 September, 2016, is calling for applications.
- The Executive Summer School Global Environmental Policy provides professionals with an all-encompassing and intensive training in order to acquire a complex and intersectoral understanding of sustainable development governance and policy.
- The course bridges the common gap between scientific knowledge and professionnal expertise. A specific attention is given to the transfer of technical knowledge, the development of problemsolving negotiation skills, the acquisition of concrete decisionmaking abilities and the enhancement of communication skills to reach out to civil society.
- The modules provide multiple case studies tackling the impact and potential of the data revolution and the need to reach out to the larger public.
The Executive Summer School Global Environmental Policy aims to bring together 25 selected participants with diverse origins and professional backgrounds. Participants include decision-makers from private and public sectors and non-governmental organisations, as well as academics and researchers. The diversity of profiles is aimed to create a dynamic community of expertise and foster cross-fertilisation. Young professionals concerned about environmental challenges are strongly encouraged to apply as the programme will open new perspectives and advance their career.
- A Master or Bachelor Degree recognised by the University of Geneva, or a relevant professional experience in the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
The number of participants is limited to 25. Candidates will be informed of their admission by email before the 15th June 2016.
The course is hosted by the University of Geneva and the International Environment House. It takes place in the centre of international Geneva, one of the top global centres for multilateral diplomacy and the headquarters of many international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- CHF 6’800- (accommodation and meals not included).
- Participants are responsible for the organisation and payment of their visa, travel and accommodation.
- A limited number of scholarships may be available to meet the costs of half of the tuition fee.
Application before 31st May 2016.
- Registration form to be downloaded: www.unige.ch/gepp/registration
- Payment of the registration fee is required before 1st July 2016.