The APEC Climate Center (APCC), located in Busan, South Korea, is inviting early career scientists to join a training program on S2S as a New Epoch in Climate-based Application: Using S2S prediction to cope with extreme hydrological events in developing countries. The 1-week training program aims to improve participants’ forecast skills by increasing their understanding of atmospheric phenomena in a S2S timescale, which often result in extreme events.
Only those participants who successfully complete the training program with active participation and enthusiasm will receive a certificate of completion. The program will be taught by a highly qualified and diverse team of scientists.
Period and Venue
- 27 June – 2 July, 2016 / APEC Climate Center, Busan, the Republic of Korea
- Understanding the S2S (Subseasonal to Seasonal) timescale and its major phenomena
- Understanding the S2S prediction system
- Applications of S2S prediction information to water resource management: Current challenges and possibilities
- Hands-on Sessions: Analyzing the impacts of Boreal Summer Intraseasonal Oscillation (BSISO)
- Scientists from National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) or National Research Institutes for climate and water resources management in developing countries, preferably in the APEC economies, ASEAN, or Pacific Island Countries working in climate science or water resources management
- It is preferred that the participants bring their own observation data from their region.
21 March (Monday), 2016 by 09:00 (Korean standard time)
Submissions will be accepted via APCC website only. For the full announcement and application procedures, please refer to the APCC announcement page at http://www.apcc21.org/ic/tplist.do?lang=en&bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000005
(Source: APCC Website)