Workshop on Status of Climate Science and Technology in Asia
15-16 November 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is currently in its Sixth Assessment (AR6) cycle, where Chapter 10 of the IPCC Working Group II report will document an assessment of Asia. The Asian Network on Climate Science and Technology (ANCST) is collaborating with the Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN), International Council for Science Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ICSU-ROAP) and other key partners to enhance support for the IPCC AR6 cycle. The primary aim is to set the stage for improving participation and coverage of scientific information and link authors working on the IPCC AR6 cycle to senior and early career scientists from the region.
Scientists who would like to contribute to the IPCC-AR6 process and early career scientists below the age of 35 are encouraged to apply. The eligibility for full sponsorship is as follows:
- Citizenship: Priority will be given to scientists and early career researchers from Central Asia, West Asia, Southeast Asia and the Hindu Kush Region (South Asia);
- Experience: Working in a university or research institution, after having obtained a doctoral degree;
- Travel: Able to advance payment for airfare and be reimbursed upon submission of a full manuscript, in line with the guidelines provided;
- Abstract: Submission of an abstract (300 words, maximum) based on original research or regional review in the themes mentioned above by 10 October 2018;
- Full manuscript: To be submitted soonest before 31 December 2018; the guideline will be provided to successful participants.