The Ministry of Environment of the Kingdom of Cambodia together with APN will organize a four-day Proposal Development Training Workshop in Siem Reap, Cambodia from 5th to 8th October 2015. The training workshop aims to enhance capacity of Southeast Asia young researchers and practitioners to develop competitive project proposals for submission to APN for funding. The training workshop especially focuses on Cambodian young researchers to increase their engagement in regional and international research and capacity development activities. Further it provides opportunities for Southeast Asian scientists who are interested in working with Cambodian scientists in their regional studies.
The main topics of the present workshop will be related to:
- Environmental problems and policy issues in Southeast Asia
- Climate change issues and their socio-economic impacts
This workshop is open to young scientists/practitioners who are from, living and working in the countries of Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam. Considering structure of the workshop we will accommodate 8-10 young scientists from Southeast Asia and APN will cover the participation cost for those who are selected to attend the work shop. Due to limited available space participants will be selected on a “first come, first served” basis. Note that Cambodian scientists are being selected by the Government of Cambodia and need not respond to this announcement.
For this reason, we encourage those interested applicant to submit their application before 18th September 2015.
Those scientists/practitioners who wish to attend workshop on a self-funded basis should be working or interested to work in an area related to the topics above. The focus should be Southeast Asia and involve Cambodia in his/her research or capacity development activities.
Submit a short essay explaining why you are interested to attend the workshop and your resume/CV (maximum 2 pages) to Dr. Linda Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org with a carbon copy to Ms. Taniya Koswatta email@example.com.
Eligibility and Procedures
- Young/early-career scientists/practitioners 40 years of age or under can apply for the workshop (research students/research assistants and post-docs are encouraged). Age limit is not applicable for self-funded participants who are interest to find research collaborators from Cambodia.
- He/she should be working in areas of, or have academic experience related to, the main topic of the workshop. Shows keen interested collaborate with Cambodian scientists for regional research or capacity development activity.
- He/she must be one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree holder with five years of related working experience;
- A postgraduate working towards a PhD or Master’s;
- A Master’s degree holder with two years of related working experience;
- A PhD degree holder;
- A postdoctoral student.
- He/she must currently be affiliated to an academic or national/regional research institution or NGO.
- He/she must have a good working knowledge of the English
THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP