The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) announces its first annual Mountain Prize, to be awarded to an individual or organization in recognition of their significant efforts to advance the mountain cause in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region through innovations in their different capacities.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have brought about transformative change in the HKH. Particularly, nominations for individuals or organizations that have field of achievements in any of the following are encouraged:
- access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation;
- sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income;
- climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction;
- access to cleaner energy;
- information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D);
- promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment;
- policy advocacy; and
- mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management.
The period of nomination is from 19 March to 30 April 2018. For more information, please visit ICIMOD Mountain Prize.