The United Nations Environment Programme periodically produce the Global Environment Outlook (GEO) which provides a broad outline of the state of the environment and review of where the globe is heading in terms of addressing environmental issues. In line with this, UN Environment organized an animation and comic competition which aims to increase interest and understanding of the messages contained in the latest assessment (GEO-6) and which will complement the development of GEO-6 for Youth (Asia-Pacific) version of the report.
The theme of the animation and comic competition is: Our eARTh, Our Story. Entries can be on one of the topics listed below:
- Our eARTh, our region – touching on current situation and challenges for environment in Asia Pacific and why young people matter
- Life on the line – conveying messages on how critical pollution is in Asia Pacific and what can be done to address it
- Cycle of care – that we need to care for nature, so nature can care of you
- Resilience in a changing environment – the reality of climate change and impacts and solutions
- Striking change – stronger actions together by young people
Open to all nationals and residents of the Asia-Pacific region, the deadline for the submission of entries is on 30 April 2018.
For more information, please visit: Our Earth, Our Story: Animation and Comics Competition