The New Zealand-Japan Joint Research Project Programme is inviting applicantions from researchers wishing to establish cooperative research networks and collaborative relationships between New Zealand and Japan.
The programme facilitates bilateral research through the following areas of funding:
- funding for New Zealand researchers to travel to Japan (travel and local costs) to work on joint research projects.
- expenses for research activities.
The reciprocal costs for Japanese collaborators’ travelling to New Zealand to work on supported projects will be covered by the reciprocal JSPS funding programme.
Fields of Research
Proposals received under this programme must fall under one of the eligible research fields:
- Social Sciences;
- Natural and Physical Sciences; or
- Medical and Health Sciences
Funding up to NZ$180,000 has been allocated to support the New Zealand -Japan Joint Research Projects in the 2019 funding round.
- A maximum of NZ$30,000 (excluding GST) is available per project per year, for projects lasting up to two years.
- Up to 3 joint research projects may be funded in the current round.
For further information
For further information, please visit https://royalsociety.org.nz/portal/catalyst-seeding/
(Source: Royal Society Te Apārangi)