The APEC Climate Center (APCC) based in Busan, Korea is seeking qualified early-career scientists from National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) and national research centers related to climate issues in developing countries to apply for positions as short-term visiting scientists.
The selected scientists will be given the opportunity to conduct research at APCC with full access to all available data and equipment. They will also have full support from APCC scientists and staff, and will be provided a mentor during their visit. The young scientists are expected to conduct research under the themes specified on the following page as well as to facilitate exchange between their home institutions and APCC.
Period & Venue:
- May – September 2016 / the APEC Climate Center, Busan, the Republic of Korea
- The exact period will be determined after the selection process.
Target Applicants & Requirements:
- Age: Under 40 years old
- Degree: Postgraduate degree (preferred) in atmospheric science, meteorology, statistics, earth sciences, or other related disciplines
- Language: Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Scientists from the following countries are eligible to apply: Cambodia, Chile, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
- Eligibility: Working as an officer and/or researcher in government agencies
24 February (Wednesday), 2016 by 18:00 (Korean standard time)