Water and Forests – Beyond Traditional Forest Hydrology
Dehradun, India 23-25 September 2013
The main objective of the workshop is to provide a forum for forging linkages between various international, regional and national agencies and institutions dealing with forest and water issues to share strategies, experiences and knowledge. The workshop will provide an opportunity for individuals and their associated agencies, organizations and networks to share lessons learnt from case studies in the Asia Pacific region on themes related to forests and water. This will give a fillip to collaborative research, allow for alignment of research priorities and help strategise long term research studies beyond traditional forest hydrology.
The workshop will cover the following themes:
- Forest Hydrology and Climate Change
- Climate change impact on watershed hydrology
- Climate change impact on forests and their implications to the forest hydrological regime
- Hydrological Regulatory Service of Forest
- Forest ecosystem services including river flow
- Impact on regulatory hydrological services due to changes in structure, composition and functioning of forest ecosystem
- Forest Influence on Precipitation and Micro-climate
- Precipitation and forests linkages
- Forest influence on ET, Temp., Humidity, Soil moisture, etc.
- Effect of Forest Management Practices and Disturbances on Quantity and Quality of Water
- Managing forests for water and moisture
- Forest disturbances and their impacts on quantity and quality of water
- Forests as Source of Water: Managing for Livelihoods and Food Security
- Implications for forest biodiversity and livelihoods
- Soil and water conservation for surface, springs and ground water recharge
- Frontiers of Research and Application of Modern Tools and Techniques in Forest Hydrology
- Application of Remote Sensing & GIS
- Frontiers of Research using isotope techniques, modeling and other modern tools
Abstract submission is now open. Registration deadline: 15 August 2013.
Organised by: Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, INDIA.
More information: http://apw2013.icfre.org/index.php