22-23 September 2014, Kobe, Japan — The 28th APN Steering Committee Meeting was convened at Kobe, Japan, with the aim of discussing the progress of work and future plans of the APN. The two-day meeting was successfully concluded on 23 September 2014 after having tackled a set of agenda items and coming up with a list of action points and strategies leading up to a more effective implementation of the APN’s work programme on the years ahead.
The participants include the APN national Focal Points (nFPs) from Indonesia, Japan, Nepal and Thailand; the APN Scientific Planning Group Co-Chairs, APN Co-Opted Members; and two nFP alternates from China and Sri Lanka, respectively.
Mr. Gokarna Mani Duwadee, Joint Secretary/Chief of Planning, Evaluation and Administration Division, Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment Division, Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment chaired the meeting. Mr. Motoyasu Tanaka, Director-General, Enviromental Development Bureau, Hyogo Prefectural Government, and Mr. Hiroshi Tsujihara, Director of the APN, welcomed the participants.
Amongst the issues discussed in the meeting were the following:
- Status of the 2014 Calls for Proposals and Project Management
- Plans for the 20th APN Anniversary
- Suggested Amendments in the APN Framework Document
- Preview of the APN Third Strategic Phase Evaluation Report
- Reviving Inactive APN Member Countries
- Strategy for SC Member Election (2015-2017)
- Strategic Partnerships with other Important Organisations of the Global Change Arena
- Financial Affairs of the APN
- Co-financing Partnerships and Resources Development
- Major Events towards April 2015 and beyond and APN Engagement