APEC Climate Center (APCC) is a leading climate information service provider in the Asia-Pacific region. We provide seasonal climate forecasts and other climate information products and services, conduct research and development activities, and organize capacity building initiative for developing counties in the region. More information about the center can be found in www.apcc21.org.
APCC is hosting a climate prediction training program 2011 and now inviting applications for the 2-weeks training program. The training program aims to build capacities of climate prediction science including climate systems and variability, climate prediction tools, and application of climate information.
The training program will cover;
– Climate System & Variability (ENSO, Monsoon)
– Climate Prediction
– Dynamic & Statistic Downscaling of Climate Prediction
– Hands On Exercise of Downscaling
Participants who successfully complete the training program will receive a certificate of completion. The program will be taught by a highly qualified and diverse team of scientists.
The details of the program are following;
Location: APCC, Busan, Korea
Period: 28 Nov ~ 9 Dec, 2011
- Postgraduates or researchers from universities working on climate science, climate change, or related field
- Professionals from government or national agencies involved in planning responses to climate change
- National climate change focal points
Financial Support: airfare, accommodation and per-diem will be provided.
Other Requirement: Oral and written communication skills in English
Document to Submit (via e-mail: email@example.com)
- Application form (use the attached form, Clik here)
Closing date: 25 October 2011
Ms. Suhee HAN
Address: APEC Climate Center, 1463, U-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, 612-020, Republic of Korea E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.apcc21.org
Tel: +82 51 745 3933
Fax: +82 51 745 3949