APN invites proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from 1 October 2022. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest. With this, APN invites trans- and interdisciplinary research and capacity development proposals that reflect the themes below.
- Climate downscaling in relation to IPCC AR6 Working Group I Assessment
- Food security in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nitrogen management for nutrient and food security
- Future GHG emission scenarios
- Monsoon and the impacts of extreme events
- COVID-19 pandemic in the perspective of its impacts on the environment
- Nature-based solutions for food security
- Climate smart agriculture
- Climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Water security and water resources
- Transboundary issues (air pollution, waste management, electronic waste, microplastics)
- Bio-Circular-Green Economy
Temperate East Asia
- Carbon neutral societies, zero carbon cities
- Climate change and economic analysis
- Climate-related disaster risk reduction
- Climate adaptation in the context of nature-based solutions
- Climate smart agriculture
- Transboundary issues (especially marine plastics)
- Global knowledge and indigenous knowledge in the context of displacement, relocation, food security and water security
- Global knowledge and indigenous knowledge in the context of adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Regional climate downscaling in the Pacific
- Microplastics and marine plastic debris
Proposals that do not address any of the above themes will not be accepted under the 2021 Call for Proposals.
Special consideration for early-career professionals
APN reiterates the importance of enhancing support to, and engagement of, early-career professionals (ECPs) in the Asia-Pacific region by providing a platform for ECPs to utilize their knowledge and innovative ideas to address regional issues related to global change and sustainability. Therefore, APN encourages applications from ECPs. Collaborative regional research proposals submitted by ECPs that fulfil the eligibility criteria will receive particular attention.
- Before submitting any application, please ensure that the APN grant scheme fits the policy of your institution. Refer to the APN Financial Regulations.
- The proponent must submit a Summary Proposal by completing the submission form in the APN Information System, APNIS.
For details, refer to the following links:
- CRRP call for proposals: https://www.apn-gcr.org/apnis/public/calls/23
- CAPaBLE call for proposals: https://www.apn-gcr.org/apnis/public/calls/24
Summary Proposals must be completed and submitted by Sunday, 5 December 2021.
For further inquiries on the Call for Proposal, please direct it to email@example.com (or visit the Frequently asked questions).