The VermEcology Society, Philippines (VERMESOC), Inc. with collaborators will convene the Third Symposium on Vermitechnologies (ISVT- 3) to discuss experiences, updates and innovations in vermitechnologies and the role of earthworms in soil fertility building, waste management and climate change mitigation with resource persons and stakeholders.
- Where: Kahariam Farms, Lipa City, the Philippines
- When: 6 to 8 November 2013
This symposium is part of the APN project LCI2012-03NMY(R)-Lopez: Assessment of Carbon Sequestration through Vermitechnology in Organic Farming, under APN’s Low Carbon Initiatives (LCI) framework.
The organiser is calling for extended abstracts and papers addressing topics listed below. The call is open until 30 September 2013.
- Business and marketing strategies for vermicompost, worms and vermitea
- Vermicompost, rates and techniques of application
- Extract (tea) preparation, storage, and uses
- How to harvest & ship earthworms
- Vermicompost: how to harvest, store and bag it
- Vermicompost quality: maturation and stability
- Interpreting vermicompost analysis reports
- The care and feeding of earthworms analyses
- Earthworm cocoons (egg capsules) production
- Microbiology of vermicomposting
- Food safety issues in vermicompost application
- Earthworms and climate change mitigation
- Vermiceuticals for health and wellness