In celebration of its 20th Anniversary, APN, together with the University of Peradeniya, will organise a fully funded two-day South Asia Media Visit in Kandy, Sri Lanka. The media visit is designed to engage media in expanding efforts to raise awareness about, and disseminate information on and lessons learned from, APN funded projects on global change and sustainability issues.
The South Asia Media Visit is open to Journalists/Media workers/Broadcasters working for media based in an APN Member/Approved Country in South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka). A total of seven media representatives will be invited to join the media visit and develop news/feature stories/broadcasts about the projects.
The theme for the media visit is Home Garden Systems in the face of Climate Change.
The activities planned for the media visit are:
- A visit to village sites implementing Home Garden Systems
- Local governance and media seminar on Home Garden Systems in South Asia: Raising public awareness through media on Home Garden Systems and food security
- Applicant is a journalist/media worker at a media company based in an APN Member/Approved Country in South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
- Applicant must have a good working knowledge of English.
- Applicant should have a keen interest in environmental communication/journalism.
- Experience in environmental reporting is preferable.
- Young/early-career journalists/media workers under 40 years of age are encouraged to apply.
* Invited participants are required to publish at least one feature story (in print/online/on air) in the company they work for as an outcome of their participation in the Media Visit.
Application Process and Closing Date
To apply for the media visit, please submit the online application form and upload a short CV and a brief profile of the media company that you are working with.
Applications must be submitted by 15 May 2016.
For More Information
Please refer to the link below for full details of the Media Visit: