APCC is hosting a training program in 2013 on “Producing High Resolution Climate Information: Scientific Basis and Application” and is now inviting applications until 30 April, 2013. The training program aims to enhance downscaling skills by building in-depth understanding of dynamical and statistical downscaling for various sectors and periods through the 1-week program.
Participants who successfully complete the training program will receive a certificate of completion. The program will be taught by a highly qualified and diverse team of scientists.
Program Information :
Period : 19(Mon) – 24(Sat), August, 2013
Location : APCC, Busan, Korea
- Introduction to Dynamical Downscaling
- Introduction to Statistical Downscaling
- Applications of Statistical Downscaling (Drought/Hydrology/Agriculture)
- Applications of Dynamical Downscaling (Short-term/Seasonal/Climate Change)
- Improvement of Dynamical Downscaling (Bias Correction/Nudging/Physics)
- Hands-on session on GRIMs
APCC will financially support participants’ airfare, accommodation and per-diem. Please visit APCC website for checking qualifications and required documents. The applications will be accepted by 30 April, 2013 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit http://www.apcc21.org.