Call for external reviewers
The Intergovernmental Science‑Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) is inviting participation from governments and interested and qualified experts, including scientists, decision makers, practitioners and other knowledge holders to participate in the external review of the the second order draft of the chapters and the first order draft of the summary for policymakers of the thematic assessment of invasive alien species and their control. To ensure consistency with and continuity from the first external review, those who participated in the first review are particularly invited to send comments. The review period is from 15 December 2021 to 15 February 2022.
Procedure on participating as an expert reviewer
- Register as a user of the IPBES website (https://ipbes.net/user/register) if you have not already done so;
- Register to review the draft assessment at: https://ipbes.net/registration/invasive-alien-species-assessment/sod
- Once registered, you will receive an email providing confidential access to the draft of the scoping report. Comments need to be submitted in English using the template available on the same webpage.
Dialogue workshops during the review period
During the review period, the following online dialogue workshops will be organized:
- An online dialogue workshop for IPBES national focal points and other Government representatives. To accommodate for different time zones, participants may choose to attend one of the following sessions, tentatively scheduled for:
- 19 January 2022: 9:00-11:00 a.m. CET (with English – Chinese, Russian, Arabic and French interpretation)
- 19 January 2022: 11:00 p.m. -1:00 a.m. CET (with English – Spanish interpretation)
- An online dialogue workshop for stakeholders, open to all experts registered as reviewers, tentatively scheduled for 20 January 2022: 1 – 3 p.m. CET (English)
- An online dialogue workshop on indigenous and local knowledge as part of the implementation of the approach to acknowledging and working with indigenous and local knowledge in IPBES (annex II to decision IPBES-5/1).
For further information, please visit the IPBES website.