On the occasion of its 17th Inter-Governmental Meeting (IGM) and Scientific Planning Group (SPG) Meeting, which is officially being hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Government of Indonesia, at the Shangri Lal Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia; the Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) will convene a “Networking & Poster Session” during this event, being held from 12th to 16th March, 2012
The Networking & Poster Session will be held on Wednesday 14th March and will provide up to 20 young scientists with an opportunity to display and present their research work to invited esteemed members of the scientific and policy communities from within and outside the Asia-Pacific region.
Posters will be judged by the APN’s government-appointed national Focal Points of 22 member countries with assistance from their national SPG Members and the winning poster will have the opportunity to present a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation to the 17th IGM/SPG Meeting on Friday 16th March, 2012
Scientist Eligibility Criteria
- Scientists must be young, early-career researchers (preferably under 40) currently working in Indonesia (Research students and Post-Docs encouraged).
- Scientists must submit, in MS word format, a 300-word abstract, to Dr. Linda Anne Stevenson at email@example.com with a carbon copy to Taniya Koswatta firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2012, midnight, Japanese Standard Time (JST).
- Research must be original, and address issues of global environmental change (refer to Abstract Submissions below).
- Scientists must be available to present his/her poster in the afternoon of Wednesday 14th March at the Shangri La Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Abstracts must be in the English language and include a concise introduction describing the purpose of the poster, as well as a brief description of the research subject, methodology, results and conclusions. If appropriate, results can be presented in tabular form. Abstracts may not include graphs, diagrams or photographs. Scientists are encouraged to seek assistance from their advisers and others in preparing their abstracts and posters.
- Abstracts must be received by Friday 10th February 2012, midnight JST to be considered. Only electronic submissions in the correct format and sent to Dr. Linda Anne Stevenson at email@example.com with a carbon copy to Taniya Koswatta firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a board of 3 members selected from the Ministry of Environment, Government Indonesia, the APN SPG Member for Indonesia, and the APN. Main criteria will cover: i. Originality of research; ii. Conciseness of written abstract; iii. Clarity of methodology; iv. Organization of the information; and v. Scientific merit.
- Successful Applicants will be informed by Friday, 24th February, 2012
- Abstracts will be accepted in one of the following scientific areas under global environmental change:
- Climate Change and Variability
- Ecosystems, Biodiversity and Land-Use
- Changes in Atmospheric and Marine Domains
- Use of Resources and Pathways for Sustainable Development