The Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is organising an Indian Youth Poster Session at its 22nd joint Inter-Governmental Meeting and Scientific Planning Group Meeting in New Delhi, India on 24–27 April 2017. The meetings are hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India at the Hotel Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi, National Highway 8, New Delhi, 110037 India.
The Indian Youth Poster Session will be held on Wednesday 26 April 2017 and will provide early-career scientists in India with an opportunity to present their research to the invited esteemed members of the scientific and policy communities from within and outside the Asia-Pacific region.
Posters will be judged by APN members and invitees from the international global change research community. The winning scientist will have the opportunity to deliver an oral presentation at the Indian Governmental Seminar Session on Thursday, 27 April 2017. The winner will receive the APN Mitra Award 2017 as an acknowledgement for his/her outstanding work in the area of global change research in India. For more information about the APN Mitra Award, please refer to http://www.apn-gcr.org/programmes-and-activities/pdtw/#mitra_award.
Theme of the Poster Session:
Challenges, Gaps and Solutions for Climate Change Adaptation in Water and Agriculture Sectors
- Applicants must be early-career Indian researchers conducting their research in India. Research students and postdoctoral researchers are encouraged. Scientists undertaking global change research in Delhi are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Indian scientists working outside of India are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be available to set up and present their posters in the afternoon of 26 April 2017 at Hotel Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi, National Highway 8, New Delhi – 110037 India.
- The winning scientist must be available to make a 20-minute oral presentation at the plenary session on 27 April 2017.
- The research must be original. Only abstracts under the following theme: “Challenges, Gaps and Solutions for Climate Change Adaptation in Water and Agriculture Sectors” are accepted.
- Abstracts must be written in English within 300 words. It should be a concise, text-only description of the research subject, methodology, results and conclusions. Scientists are encouraged to seek assistance from their advisers and other resource persons in preparing their abstracts and posters.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of APN members and invited experts. Main criteria include originality of the research, conciseness of the abstract, clarity of methodology, organisation of the information, and scientific merit.
How to Apply:
Once you confirm your eligibility, please submit your poster abstract online at https://www.apn-gcr.org/igm/22/abstract-submission.php before the closing date.
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017: Online abstract submission closes.
- Wednesday, 12 April 2017: The APN Secretariat informs successful applicants about the selection result. Due to the large volume of applications received, APN will not provide individual feedback on submissions.
- Friday, 21 April 2017: Deadline for submitting finalised posters in PDF format to the APN Secretariat. Poster presenters must print out their posters using the guidelines provided separately.
- Wednesday, 26 April 2017: Poster presenters set up their posters at the meeting venue. Further details will be provided separately.