APN is inviting experts to serve as members of its External Reviewers Board for reviewing proposals submitted to APN, and members of its Editorial Advisory Committee for APN Science Bulletin, a peer-reviewed journal published by APN.
Who can apply to become an external reviewer?
We are looking for the following candidates from within and outside the Asia-Pacific region:
- Natural and social scientists working in all areas related to global environmental change, preferably with experience in research of policy and societal relevance;
- Capacity development experts with rich experience in global change-related capacity development at local, national and international levels;
- Current and former APN-funded project leaders and collaborators;
- Former members of APN Scientific Planning Group and Capacity Development Committee.
If you are interested in becoming an external reviewer, please complete the online form at:
What are the responsibilities of an external reviewer?
Depending on their availability, external reviewers will be invited to review one or more of the following, on a voluntary basis:
- Global change research proposals submitted under APN’s Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) or other calls for research proposals.
- Capacity development proposals submitted under APN’s Scientific Capacity Development programme, CAPaBLE or other calls for capacity development proposals.
- Manuscripts submitted to APN Science Bulletin, an annual peer-reviewed publication that features outcomes of APN-funded projects.
What are the benefits of being an external reviewer?
Similar to internal reviewers, external reviews are conducted on a voluntary basis. However, in addition to access to project proposals and articles developed by an active community in the Asia-Pacific region, external reviewers will be recognised for their contribution, including by:
- Listing active external reviewers on APN website;
- Issuing a certificate for external reviewers upon request;
- Listing participating external reviewers’ information on the APN Science Bulletin.
If you are interested in becoming an external reviewer, please complete the online form at https://www.apn-gcr.org/lime/661979
For more information about APN’s activities please visit our website at www.apn-gcr.org. For information about APN Science Bulletin, please download the latest issue at http://www.apn-gcr.org/resources/files/original/6dc710544598a0ad8d8b9bf13a1d7e6a.pdf