The International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Environment (ISSUE 2017), to be held on 23-24 June 2017 at the Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Assam, India, is calling for abstracts for poster oral and poster presentations.
ISSUE-2017 is originated from the APN funded project “Development of New Water Supply Strategies in Two Watersheds of India and Sri Lanka in the context of Climate Change, Rapid Urbanization and Population Growth: A Vulnerability Assessment Approach (CRRP2016-06MY-Kumar)”. The symposium is co-funded by the Research Centre for Water Environment Technology (RECWET), The University of Tokyo, and the DST-SERB and DST-JSPS initiative under India-Japan Science Cooperation Program (IJSCP).
Highlights of the symposium include:
- Ten selected abstracts for platform/oral presentations will be financially supported.
- Ten selected research scholars will be partially/fully sponsored to attend the symposium.
- Awards for the best platform and poster presentations.
- The award-winning presenter will be invited to attend one of the forthcoming activities of the project to be carried out in Srilanka/Japan/India.
- 15 best papers will be published in a special issue of a reputed Elsevier journal.
- All remaining oral presenters will be invited to submit their full manuscript for the publication in an edited book of Elsevier and/or Springer.
- Abstract selected for poster presentation will also have an opportunity to submit their full manuscript for the publication in the book.
The main objectives of this symposium are to understand the expert’s view, stakeholder’s perspectives, organizational role and site-specific problems/solutions to achieve the sustainable urban water environment. Interested researchers/experts are invited to send their abstract and disseminate this announcement to potentially interested people.
The deadline for abstract submission is 12 June 2017.
Online registration can be made on http://www.tezu.ernet.in/denvsc/ISSUE/index.html
Event poster: ISSUE 2017 Poster
Event flyer: ISSUE 2017 Flyer
Abstract template: ISSUE 2017 AbstractTemplate
Event website: http://www.tezu.ernet.in/denvsc/ISSUE/index.html