Call for Poster Presentation Abstracts in Global Change Research
(Open for early-career scientists working in China)
On the occasion of its 21st Inter-Governmental Meeting (IGM) and Scientific Planning Group (SPG) Meeting to be hosted by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China at the Zhengfangyuan International Hotel, Zhengdong New District, Zhengzhou from 18th to 22nd April 2016, the Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) will convene an APN-Henan Networking Session.The APN-Henan Networking Session will be held on Wednesday 20th April 2016 and will provide early-career scientists in Henan Province with an opportunity to display and present, via posters, their research work to the invited esteemed members of the scientific and policy communities from within and outside the Asia-Pacific region.
Submitted posters will be judged by APN members and members of the International Global Change research community. The winning early-career scientist will have the opportunity to deliver an oral presentation at the IGM/SPG plenary on Thursday 21st April 2016. The winner will be recognised as an outstanding early-career scientist of Global Change Research in Henan, China and will receive the Mitra Award for 2016.
For more information about APN’s Mitra Award, please refer to: http://www.apn-gcr.org/programmes-andactivities/pdtw/#mitra_award
1. Applicants must be early-career Chinese researchers currently based and conducting their research
in China (research students and post-docs encouraged). Scientists undertaking Global Change
research in Henan Province are particularly encouraged to apply.
2. Complete a 300-word abstract (see page 2 for more information) and submit online at
https://www.apn-gcr.org/igm/21/abstract-submission.php. The 300-word abstract should be
submitted on or before Friday 8th April 2016, midnight, Japanese Standard Time (JST).
3. Chinese Scientists working outside of China are not eligible to submit an abstract.
4. The research must be original and address issues of Global Environmental Change (refer to “Abstract
5. Scientists must be available to present their posters in the afternoon of Wednesday 20th April 2016
at the Zhengfangyuan International Hotel, Zhengdong, China.
1. Abstracts must be in the English language and include a concise introduction describing
the purpose of the poster, as well as a brief description of the research subject, methodology,
results and conclusions. If appropriate, results can be presented in tabular form. Abstracts may
NOT include graphs, diagrams or photographs. Scientists are encouraged to seek assistance from
their advisers and others in preparing their abstracts and posters.
2. Abstracts must be received by Friday 8th April 2016, midnight JST to be considered. Only
electronic submissions through APN website will be accepted.
3. Abstracts will be reviewed by a sub-committee selected from the APN membership. Main criteria
i. Originality of research;
ii. Conciseness of written abstract;
iii. Clarity of methodology;
iv. Organisation of the information; and
v. Scientific merit.
4. Successful Applicants will be informed by Monday 11th April 2016
5. Abstracts will be accepted according to at least one of the following scientific themes under the APN’s science agenda on Global Environmental Change.
i. Climate Change and Climate Variability
ii. Ecosystems, Biodiversity and Land Use
iii. Changes in Atmospheric, Terrestrial and Marine Domains
iv. Use of Resources and Pathways for Sustainable Development
v. Risk Reduction and Resilience
For additional queries, please contact the APN secretariat via email to Ms. Taniya Koswatta firstname.lastname@example.org