Global Development Learning Network Seminar Series
Green Economy in a Blue World
Session 2: Greening Growth in Coastal Cities
June 20, 2012
To promote dialogue and to share knowledge and experiences on coastal and marine ecosystem-based economic development, GRID-Arendal and the World Bank are organizing a series of three interactive video conference sessions.
Session 2 of the GDLN series on a Green Economy in a Blue World will focus on the challenges and opportunities that rapidly urbanizing coastal cities and growing megacities represent to reversing cumulative impacts on ocean health and harnessing the potential of ocean and coastal ecosystem services to stimulate green economic growth.
Countries to be Connected (Local Time)
- Vietnam 9:00-11:30
- Indonesia 9:00-11:30
- Thailand 9:00-11:30
- Philippines 10:00-12:30
- China 10:00-12:30
- Japan 11:00-13:30
- USA (June 19) 22:00-00:30
- Challenges and Opportunities of Green Economy and Urbanization
- Country Case 1 from the Philippines
- Country Case 2 from Indonesia
- National and local government officials in environment, fisheries, finance, and planning ministries and agencies.
- Officials from relevant regional organizations (e.g. ASEAN, PEMSEA)
- Other partners and stakeholders such as academics, private sector, practitioners, civil society organizations in the field of environment and fisheries.
- World Bank staff and other donor staff in country offices.
More information can be found on official flyer Green Economy in a Blue World Session 2- Brochur. You may also fill out the on-line form using this link: http://www.jointokyo.org/en/programs/catalogue/green_economy_in_a_blue_world_session_2/